Thursday 7 March 2013

WOMEN'S DAY.

I HAD WRITTEN THIS POST FOR 'WOMEN'S DAY'. BUT STRONGLY BELIEVE THAT EVERYDAY SHOULD BE WOMEN'S DAY.




HAPPY   WOMEN'S   DAY.

Marcos Imelda loved to collect shoes. Every lady has a fancy for collection . I love to collect purses and bags. Each purse to match a particular outfit or a small ethnic bag to go with a saree.

Whenever I open a purse, I find one or two currency notes and am happy to find a 'bonus' which is unintentionally tucked away. Four months ago, I was tidying my treasure of purses, I found a 'tidy' sum in one of them. The crisp currency notes smelt good. I was e l a t e d. Should I 'gift' myself a new dress or a pair of lovely shoes. I couldn't decide, when my doorbell rang and I found Mrs. Gupta, my neighbour, smiling at me.I invited her inside my house. She explained to me about the Art of Living' course. I felt the fees of the 4-day course a bit steep..But the explanations of the benefits of AOL combined with her sunny disposition laid my fears to rest. I enrolled for the crash course. Enthusiastically , I started the AOL course. By the end of the fourth day , I was happy to spend my money wisely and well. The breathing exercises and other group activities did wonders to my mind and body. I felt rejuvenated and in the process made a few friends.

Women never bat an eyelid while splurging on solitaires,  designer clothes or other accessories . But hesitate or suddenly tighten their purse strings to spend on betterment of personal health.
'Health is Wealth' is an old adage and should be strictly implemented. Let us take care of ourselves, first, to  serve our family better.

Remember the following points (and implement them too) :-

1.  Join a yoga class or a proper weight loss programme.

2.  Be part of an active group of friends. It helps a lot.

3  Go for regular gynaecology check-ups. Do not be shy to ask questions to your doctor.

4  Be alert to small body changes. No ailment crops up overnight.

5  Read about health issues.

6  Last but not the least : Smile and be happy. :):):)

      HAPPY WOMEN'S DAY.

17 comments:

  1. Happy Women's day Kalpana:)
    Even I have done the AOL course. I had severe Asthma, and I got completely got cured. I completely agree with you that Health is the first thing that helps us, to keep running after the household chores.
    Women, generally overlook this aspect and try to keep pleasing others and take care of others.
    We should first take care of ourselves, we should love ourseleves...that's when we will be able to keep others happy!

    Take care
    Gayu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Gayatri. We should first love ourselves and then extend it to others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is soo important Kalpana. I was happy when I practiced yoga..nowadays in a battle of sleep v/s exercise ..Sleep wins.. Thank you for stressing over the part of what really matters in Life. Loads of Love :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is very important to love ourselves and that is something we women forget most of the times... lovely reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sleep is very essential but try to squeeze time for yoga and exercises too, Me.

      Delete
  5. This is just so important.. to take care of ourselves.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true.. every word that you have written... other's neglecting a woman is a tradition but also a woman neglecting herself is what always leaves me wondering.. my husband joined the AOL classes last month and is still raving about it ... nice post as usual kalpana :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did not know it was Woman's Day!! I should take better care of me...and your post inspires me. Thank you.

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, its was not women's day but it should be celebrated everyday. Taking care of oneself calls for celebration.

      Delete
  8. Its very important that we take care of ourselves... both body and mind!
    Lovely post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Pixie. Both mind and body are important.

      Delete
  9. I like that point you mentioned about being alert to changes in one's body. It is indeed important to pay heed to what our body tries to tell us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cynthia, doctors today focus on mild body changes but we tend to ignore them.

      Delete
  10. happy women's day to you too! and all the points listed are like gospel truth for the super women inside us :)

    Richa

    ReplyDelete

please show some love......