Saturday 8 June 2013

I write..................




I WRITE...........


I write
          to express a part of me,
          that I feel and see.

I write
          When my tears fail,
           to send a mail,
           to the world outside
           that I can no longer hide.

I write
          When my heart overflows
           with hurts and blows.
           That I cannot take more,
           of pain and sore.

I write
          to rewind the golden moments,
          to relive certain rich fragments,
          of the innocent and pristine days,
          that I cannot harbour in any bays.

I write
          when I am happy.
          when I am lonely.

I write
          because there is a smile on my face
          because this is the only solace.

I write
          because I am alive.
          Because I write, I am alive.

And if I don't write
                             I will lose my soul.


8 comments:

  1. Let the writing never stop !! Go on and on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWie:) :)
    I am a fan of your rhyme scheme:):)
    Keep writing...and keep blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your encouragement is my pleasure, Gayatri. Thanx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! How true. If we all don't write we would lose something in life. We might regret in fact. How I always want everyone I know to write. it makes all of us better people. This prompt was a wonderfully selected one for us :)

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes. Richa, this prompt is a God-sent opportunity to vent our feelings positively on paper.Thanx for reading. A writer needs a reader as God needs devotees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I write
    because I am alive.

    Because I write,
    I am alive.

    How very true. How very on the mark, and beautiful. :) Though I love your ending two lines, I just love these four lines, and it'd have made a brilliant conclusion to your poem. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanx for reading and liking it, Leo. Writing is an act of expressing our innermost thoughts and feelings to others without exercising our vocal chords.And reading other thoughts too broadens our horizon. That's the very essence of writing.

    ReplyDelete

please show some love......