Saturday, 20 July 2013

BAKED A CAKE.

Goggle Image.
                                                 

YESTERDAY, I TOLD CORINNE THAT I HAVE DONE SOMETHING  THAT HAS MADE ME

HAPPY. I BAKED A CAKE. AFTER PARTICIPATING IN UBC, MY TIME IS MOSTLY SPENT

ON READING CO-BLOGGER'S POST , WHICH I AM LOVING IT BUT LEAVES  ME WITH

LITTLE TIME TO EXPERIMENT WITH MY CULINARY ARTS.  MY SON AND HUBBY ARE

HAPPY EATING THE  CAKE. AND OF COURSE , I TOO LOVE HOME-MADE CAKES. I DID

NOT ATTEND ANY BAKING CLASSES,  BUT PICKED UP THE FINER NUANCES OF

BAKING BY  READING 'COOKERY BOOKS.

THIS RECIPE IS HANDED DOWN TO ME BY MY MOM'S NEIGHBOUR  AND I MADE

CHANGES TO THE ORIGINAL ONE.

                                                       



INGREDIENTS

a)  1 CUP WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR
b)  3/4 CUP POWDERED SUGAR
c)  3/4 CUP FRESH MILK CREAM(OR 3/4 CUP COOKING OIL)
d)  3 EGGS
e)  1 TBSP BAKING POWDER
f)  1/2 TSP ENO (OR BAKING SODA)
g)  1/4 TSP ELACHI POWDER ( I DO NOT USE ESSENCE)
h)  3 TBSP  BOURNVITA ( OR COCOA PWD)


METHOD

SIFT  ITEMS  a , b ,e , f  IN A BOWL AND KEEP ASIDE.

BEAT THE EGGS TILL DOUBLE THE VOLUME. ADD CREAM AND WHISK  AND ELACHI PWD. WHISK WELL. SLOWLY ADD CONTENTS OF BOWL . MIX WELL. ADD ITEM h. STIR LIGHTLY.

IN A PREHEATED OVEN, BAKE AT 180 DEGREES CELSIUS  FOR  25 MINUTES.

 HAPPY BAKING.

KALPANA'S
BOURNVITA CAKE
WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME THAT YOU BAKED SOMETHING? DO SHARE WITH US.

FOR : ULTIMATE BLOG CHALLENGE DAY 21