Monday 15 July 2013

SHADOW

Like Mary's lamb, you follow me,
when I am gloomy or in glee
I try to shoo away,
over me you hold sway.

Thou art dark and hollow.
asked I, Why do you follow? 

                                    You replied , I am your friend  
                                                always and till the end.
                                        From me you tend to divert
                                                    But  never I, desert,
                                                         come rain or sun,
                                                     in sadness or in fun


asked I, Where art thou, in darkness?
                                       Said you , always in harness.
                                                 In absence of sunlight
                                                  with darkness, I fight, 
                                                        to be by your side
                                                   I do pale but not hide.
                                                        forever will follow. 
                                                                                   I am your shadow
                                                                                     I am your shadow.


Goggle Image.

FOR : ULTIMATE BLOG CHALLENGE DAY 16

12 comments:

  1. A shadow is truly our companion forever...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow
    these r bful lines early in the morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with Bhavya...our shadow is our best companion :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought so :) Very well written!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully expressed. Our shadow is our other self, the only one we cannot run from.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so Cool, Kalpana!!!
    U must be a creative Mommy :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow!
    so beautifully written :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a deep expression Kalpana... loved it

    ReplyDelete
  9. the poetry is so well suited to the elements of shadow. The poetic side of words really fit in perfectly :)

    Richa

    ReplyDelete

please show some love......