Sunday 24 November 2013

Had I looked back.

                                              100 Words on Saturday - Write Tribe

 The prompt is courtesy Nischala Murthy who blogs at Verve:

Had I looked back




The concrete four walls of my house succeeded in sheltering me from the big bad world to hold my soul as a hostage. Scared and mentally raped was I, in the shackles of matrimony which I perceived as a safe passage from the orphanage to freedom.
I broke opened the cage and escaped. Escaped into the bondage of flesh-trade where money exchanged hands and I became a commodity.

I stood tall. My next step forward would free me. My spirit came tearing down. Had I looked back, today, I wouldn't be at the Gates of Heaven to rest in peace. 


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOR : WRITE TRIBE









                                                       
                                                       

                                                       





10 comments:

  1. A morbid and gloomy story but well written:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's powerful! Well written Kalpana. Sad too. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad but lovely take on the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so powerful. So sad she didn't find her peace until she reached heaven. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is how a lot of people who commit suicide feels like i guess...its sad

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very powerful and poignant post. This is true in the case of almost all women who forcefully enter the flesh trade.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh.. that was so sad.. so real :(
    beautifully told ..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes, we need to look back in life and it's a world where many are in such a situation. Brilliant:)

    ReplyDelete

please show some love......