Wednesday 13 November 2013

The lost illusion

I kneaded the moist sand
with my bare hands
each grain rubbed my palm
and I felt a certain calm.

the warm rays filtering
on the surface of waves ,dancing.
Birds with the winds wrestling
hurry to their fledgling.

soaked into the fragrance of love
the aroma kissed my each curve
my mind danced with every move
my gaze never swerve.

castle , out of nothing I raised
blossomed , as I smiled.
unaware of the danger rolling
a wave battered my spirit , lashing.

I cried over the destruction
was it reality or a mere illusion?
I wove my dream
on a running stream.

stared , as it did away melt
but the pain in my heart dwelt.
retracing my steps , last
I tore away from my past.




FOR : POETRY JAM

FOR : THEME THURSDAY


                                             



You can read here too.

22 comments:

  1. There is a subtle message in this beautiful poem describing of how sand castles painfully built get washed away by relentless sea waves and how in our life all the dreams and plans can go awry by unknown circumstances

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the imagery and the message. Our dreams and hopes in life are much like sand castles so easily dashed and lost. We just don't know what is going to happen next in life. That is why I take it as it comes and never plan anything. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is sometimes hard to leave one's past, but often necessary to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quietness at the beach during the off season and watching the "the surface of waves ,dancing"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the imagery and the metaphor you use here. Excellent. Thanks for posting and I like the photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When it feels that life crumbles like a sand castle it is probably a sign that it is time to tear away from one's past. I too enjoyed the imagery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The line "I wove my dream on a running stream" added so much to your lovely poem. Nicely presented with the photograph, too --- a fine response to the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful lines with a lot of depth. Loved the image. It goes well with the lines.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful my dear. My fav lines - soaked into the fragrance of love
    the aroma kissed my each curve

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are lines that are beautiful and deep. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that's something that's high on message... Loved the imagery your words created for me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your imagery very much resonate with me...dream big! ~ nice poetic flow ~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Kalpana :) loved the imagery!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wish we could knead our lives the way we want...

    ReplyDelete
  15. loved how you conveyed illusion here

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your imagery. Nice flow of the poem.. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely images and like a stream it just flows beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  18. How beautifully you showed the past to be an illusion. It clearly is a thing which misses many...

    Richa

    ReplyDelete

please show some love......