Monday 6 January 2014

hand-in-hand-my little sister.

This week’s prompt is :  My Little Sister





My Little Sister



As I stand on the dais receiving the award midst thunderous applause, I see your grey strands silently telling a tale of
courage, sacrifice and patience.

I remember that twilight when we were playing in the park and our mother sitting on the wooden bench. You waved to her and her silhouette became hazy as she disappeared into the darkness.
You held my little finger to lead, guide and protect me against all odds never ever remembering your own desires.  My heart’s not as magnanimous as yours, for you have chosen to forgive her for abandoning us after papa’s death.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                           FOR : WRITE TRIBE






No comments:

Post a Comment

please show some love......