Tuesday 24 June 2014

abandoned

                                                                       



Lady Luck seemed to smile on me when my agent showed me the property
at a throwaway price with apprehension.

Furnishing my new home, my gaze rested on the opposite building, dilapidated
and bereft of colour.

The sepia-toned façade hinted at its abandoned status but the sound of stealthily moving footsteps puzzled me.

As a mark of respect for my departed ancestors, I kept a rolled Indian flat-bread 
in a plate on the window-sill.

I got up to close the window at noon, when I noticed the empty plate and a 
figure in the opposite window hungrily chewing my roll.


                             Thank you Rochelle for the wonderful picture prompt.



Friday Fictioneers Rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please show some love......