Thursday 13 November 2014

gift of time


PHOTO PROMPT -Copyright-Rochelle Wisoff-Fields


I looked at myself in the huge oval mirror bordered by woodwork carvings.

A little head popped up in the reflection tugging my beige androgynous ironed suit.

“I have a presentation at office and they pay me on hourly basis, Emile.”

The soft thud of a pair of tiny feet running away from me wrung my heart.

“Take this”, she commanded, and the jingling of metal made a soft melody while emptying her piggy bank.

“I am hiring you. Play with me.”

I looked out of the window, with the palm trees swaying and the pink neon sign announcing “GIFTS”


                                              Ellehcor Banner FF



                                              Linking to Friday Fictioneers

word count : 100

No comments:

Post a Comment

please show some love......