Tuesday 10 October 2017

journey

136th Challenge
Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers





                       This week's photo prompt is provided by BarbCT/Gallimaufry. Thank you BarbCT!



The white cotton candy clouds seem to sail with the wind against the backdrop of the 

azure skies. I bend on the railings running along the boundary of the behemoth water-

body ruminating on the present crisis of my financial health. The prospects on the 

horizon seem bleak and the sun seems to set in my mind. “Why does this happen to me?”, 

I whine.

A cargo container ship passes by, leaving a trail of siren.

“Does the ship protest of the heavy freight-age on its back and in the belly?”

“It carries and trudges to the port and off-loads its contents and not the burdens. 

Another batch of cargo consignment is loaded and the ship moves on post refueling. This 

is its journey and it doesn’t aim for a destination.”

I straighten my back, feeling a bit lighter. I jettison my grumblings and chart a new 

course of path with the aid of my internal compass. The innumerable ports beckon me. 

Ahoy.






                              Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers. Thank you Priceless Joy.

                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment

please show some love......