Monday 2 September 2013

healthy sprouts bhel.

WTFestivalofWords

I am taking part in The Write Tribe Festival of Words 1st-7th September 2013.

Day 3
7 ingredients and a smiling face is a recipe to good health.


           


             


           





Take a large bowl. Add fenugreek seeds sprouts , green moong sprouts , whole groundnut sprouts , chawli sprouts , chopped cucumber , chopped tomatoes , juice of lime and salt (optional). Toss lightly and eat.

This recipe was given to me by my yoga teacher and it was my mom's idea of adding sprouted groundnuts, but sparingly. My hubby prefers it without salt. This is a dieter's delight and tasty dish , I can vouch for.

Readers, did you like my sprouts bhel? 




Google Images.

14 comments:

  1. A great recipe. I will try it. Everyone in my house is a health freak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why that even looks tempting in addition to healthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...Fenugreek and groundnut sprouts..This is new..will definitely tru

    ReplyDelete
  4. Healthy, nutritious and simple... yes, I liked it a lot and would try it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's been ages since had sprouts. Earlier mom used to make me eat those... how I miss it. Thanks for sharing it... will try to find the ingredients here :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great, and got me reading more about "sprouted groundnuts" - never heard of sprouting peanuts before! I would add a word of caution, regarding peanuts - it's important to store and handle them properly, and make sure anyone coming in contact with them (even where they breathe) is not allergic to them. Don't get me wrong - I love peanut butter, myself. I'm tempted to try this recipe. But my aunt died of peanut allergy, and there are a few other concerns to be aware of: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=101 (read all the way to the bottom or you'll only see the benefits!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks appetizing...but I don't like sprouts at all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Exactly 7 ingredients tht too! V creative....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aha, would love to eat that provided some provides me the sprouts ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy... this is one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is interesting. 7 ingredients. Nice. I am not a fan of sprouted moong or cucumber. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. the image makes me hungry and jump for the bowl

    you can check out my post here-
    Karan - Brother

    ReplyDelete
  13. This look yummy, Kalpana. I make the moong dhal sprouts salad. But haven't tried it with the methi and other sprouts. Will do that soon. Tahnks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

please show some love......