Sunday 19 January 2014

Intruder in the house.

WOW – An animal’s take on things!


“If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man.” ― Mark Twain

This time we’re aiming at making it more creative! You have to write a short story/incident (200-300 words) from an animal’s perspective.


                                                       image


I tiptoed , silently without a word  and peered from  behind my favourite hideout , a Warli painting , jutting out my head and  rolled my eyes to get a glimpse of the elegant Lady of the house , her nose buried in the folds of the crisp newspapers probably reading the PETA column. The Man of the house , a hen-pecked one , sat snug on the sofa  sipping green tea and  his eyes glued to National Geographic Channel.  The little girl playing with her teddy bear and pink balloons sat in between them , under their watchful gaze. These humans are obsessed with the four-legged creatures.

The little girl pushed the balloon up with both her hands and it touched the ceiling. WOW! What a pretty balloon, said I. And she caught me admiring the balloon and with a grimace , called out to her mother, " mamma , papa , look Lizzie behind the painting."

In an instant , the adults of the house sprang to their feet and the Man produced a broom out of thin air and was waving it like a sword. The Lady had already jumped on the sofa and was yelling instructions to her better-half to shoo me out of my den.
I wish I could contact Menaka Gandhi  or I will sue them for trespassing on my jurisdiction. The Aam Aadmi's symbol to sweep clean the dirt of corruption is being used as a weapon to evict a harmless lizard . I fill my belly with insects and keep their house clean but these humans exhibit no gratitude. Ungrateful creatures! The Man has succeeded in pushing me out of my cocoon and I am traversing  the length and breadth of the tiny house which has turned into a football ground and my goal is to get out of this cubicle. The little girl (God bless her) opens the main door and I make my way out of their house. They bang the door . 'Atithi Devo Bhava' is not practiced in this house. I am on the streets and homeless. Hello  reader , can I enter your house?


This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.


List of WOW badges  here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please show some love......