Friday 27 September 2013

october



The green festoons flutter in October
to the tune of the chill breeze.
So happy with Nature, what doth thy utter? 
I captured this moment on my lens to freeze.

Many misty morning, 
with woollens on, I causally tread.
skeletal frame, bare standing 
yellow carpet, beneath,  spread.

I sat on the bench wooden,
dry leaves at my feet rustling
with a heavy heart laden
I avoided them crushing.

The worker with his broom long
gathered the debris dry 
with a whistle on his lips and a song
my eyes wished for a cry.

He set the heap on fire
the flames burnt the pyre
reduced to ashes black
As I turned back

On a final depart
the tree gracious
To mankind , a lesson impart
exuded warmth, generous.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The tree with its leaves and flowers is a living symbol of sacrifice , always giving  to mankind and in death , it burns to give warmth to the atmosphere and making way for new leaves to sprout, continuing the cycle of rejuvenation. 



For : PoetryJam

11 comments:

  1. def one of the many things we can learn of nature...the letting go...the giving... i def feel it...nicely done....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to have a phone with me at all times to capture moments like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trees - yes, have been so very important to man. Lovely poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some beautiful lines, Kalpana. Its true that the trees have always given to mankind; we don't even do as much as half for them

    ReplyDelete
  5. Touching lines.The trees true to their nature shed their leaves only to grow and glow again in verdant green

    ReplyDelete
  6. We should learn from Nature. A great ode to Nature, I love poems and enjoyed yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have certainly captured the autumn feeling in your words!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cozy picture you've painted, Kalpana!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cozy picture you painted, Kalpana!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you have the captured the moment and the picture you paint. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete

please show some love......