Wednesday 12 September 2018

Uncertain



                                     

                                             Thanks for the prompt J Hardy Carroll


The ornate teak wood piece fascinatingly intrigued me. I matched the position 

of the needles to my digital wristwatch. The matching was precise. How would I 

lug this piece home? Better, contact Christie’s or Sotheby’s. I could pay all my 

mortgage bills and have enough for the rainy day. The possibilities were 

innumerable.The legacy left behind by a dead relative weighed down on my 

shoulders. Were the small windows concealing a clue or a nudge to find my 

roots hitherto unknown to me?  Or am I sucked into the epicenter of danger? 

Only time will tell….


                                            




                                Friday Fictioneers. Thanks Rochelle Wisoff.

Word Count : 97

Click HERE to read all the FF stories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

please show some love......