Sunday 7 July 2013

ALONE



Goggle Image
                                        
When I am alone
in  my own company.
we converse with each other.

We converse with each other,
of conflicts , raging in the battlefield of mind.
of turmoils and anguish , away from prying world.

We debate with each other,
in the courtyard of  our maternal home
of the rights and wrongs of the bygone past.

We fight with each other.
the sibling's trivial trifles.
Only to patch up the chasm.

We cry on each other's shoulders,
sharing the sunshine and cloudy days
and wipe each other's dew drops.

We laugh together
and the sound echoes manifold
to reverberate in the alleys of the heart.

I love my own company.
When I am all alone,
I talk to myself.

When  I talk to me
I can be me, sans mask
of fake emotions.

I talk to myself
in unspoken words
as none understand me,
better than myself.
Goggle Image



P.S. :- As socialogists say that man is a social animal and it is necessary for him to get along with other people for his  mental well-being.In this fast paced life, it is necessary to be alone to introspect and have some me-time.                                    



                                                     FOR : ULTIMATE BLOGGING CHALLENGE - DAY 8

26 comments:

  1. Oh yes, if you do not know yourself well, what is the point in getting to know your neighbour. Good one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First and foremost, one has to know oneself. Thanks Bhavya for reading.

      Delete
  2. Well said and beautifully expressed... To find out what is truly individual in ourselves, self-reflection is very much needed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and in modern times we do not time for self-reflection.Thanks Shilpa.

      Delete
  3. Nothing like me time. I talk to myself on paper these days, Kalpana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes our writing has become our introspection Corinne. Thank you.

      Delete
  4. KALPANA..
    WOW!!!!
    I do the same and OMG U covered it all re.. SO soooo coool ..I was thinking of writing on the same topic today..but changed my mind for no reason.. I am glad I didnt..for after looking at this masterpiece.. I feel happy that you expressed the way I feel too and I dont think anyone can do better than this :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Me, all the members of the fair sex feel so and think in this way. One of my fb friend Viju, too said that she feels this poem is about her.And please write on this topic, it will be better than me. I follow yr writing and u have great potential.

      Delete
  5. Wow Kalpana this one was truly a masterpiece!

    Loved it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Privy. Its an encouragement when you praise.

      Delete
  6. Very nice...
    Totally agree - alone time or "me" time is essential!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agree Pixie. 'Me' time is very essential to discover more about oneself.

      Delete
  7. bravo! this is one hell of a piece i have read in sometime now! beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your encouragement Apala.

      Delete
  8. At times, we are lost amidst the daily chores and demands from family and friends. Our 'Me' time really helps to tap the potential of the subconsious mind and explore new areas :)

    You know, I am a great FAN of your poetry now:) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Gayatri. I should thank you for introducing blogging to me. But we forget to have our 'Me' time.

      Delete
  9. That's the best thing to do! no one knows us better than us.... and if anyone can tell us what is the right thing to do..it would be just us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Learning to love oneself and be comfortable with oneself is an art. One that we must all learn. Because we spend more time with ourselves than with other people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cynthia, loving oneself is the most difficult thing to do as one is always critising oneself and constantly comparing oneself to others. We should stop this.

      Delete
  11. this time of the day is my fav time.. Me time... how i love myself then :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes evening time is also 'Me' time for me , SuKu .

      Delete
  12. such a beautiful rhythm.. the poetry itself brings out the best about human nature.. as you have rightfully mentioned...

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Richa for reading and liking it. Everybody wants to remain alone for sometime but at times its not possible.

      Delete

please show some love......