Saturday 20 July 2013

AND I BLUSHED

This was my fourth entry for WOW. My  previous three entries were allowed to flaunt the WOW badge and I expected a fourth one too. This experience taught me not to expect more and be happy for the earlier three entries but strive to write my best. Read on ...................................




                       


                  




Aruna teacher asked me to paint a picture on the thick white paper. She gave me colours, papers and white colour mugs. I dipped my fingers in the colours and pressed it on the white paper.
I made three cards. Then I  made flowers on the white mugs. Aruna teacher told me that they looked beautiful. She told me to keep it on the table to dry. How happy I was.

The next day, these cards were to be sold on my school ground. Rima, Sunil , Sonal, Akash and Neel had also made cards.

Many people had come to see our cards and mugs and vases. One aunty in red saree came and saw the cards. She picked two cards and one mug and asked who had made these lovely ones. Aruna teacher asked me to raise my hand.I was feeling shy. The aunty in red saree came and kissed me and said ," very good , Neha".
And I blushed.
I looked at mummy. She was smiling.
Thank you God for making me a 'special child'.

=========================================

There is a school called 'Sausheelaya'
near my house which caters to 'special children'. Everday at 5 o'clock their parents pick them up from school and as they pass by, I see them smiling and talking to their parents in the best possible way , maybe , narrating the time spent at school. Their laughter and innocent smiles melt my heart. These little buds live in their own world , separated by ,what we call as 'normal' children. Their actions may be different, speech unclear but their smiles are genuine and from the heart. They do not need sympathy or segregation from the society but our appreciation and integration into the mainstream of the society.That's why they are called 'special children'.



This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda

FOR : ULTIMATE BLOG CHALLENGE DAY 28





15 comments:

  1. Very sweet!
    God gives special children to special parents. God bless them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... Kalpana you know what this reminded me of a scene from the book From the eye of my mind. It is very similar to what you have written and this is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not read the book but will read, Privy. Thanks for reading my post.

      Delete
  3. very nice :) a beautiful attempt for the prompt. :) loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very sweet write-up Kalpana:) Children are always a thing of joy, and very very special :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree Reshma, children are the greatest joy a parent can experience.

      Delete
  5. Sweet post! They're indeed specially-abled!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post, Kalpana! I work with special children and it is real joy to be with them. They definitely don't need our sympathy or pity. They just need to be understood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They need to be understood and to be included with all the other people. You are doing a great job Darshana working with them

      Delete
  7. I am glad, like Shilpa Said, only special awefum parents have the strength and love to take care and endlessly love special kids.. and I am glad they all get the right environment :). Very few people in the world have the tact and sensitivity to not scar a human emotionally through their thoughts and actions.Thanks Kalpana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Special children... they are indeed special. Its my fervent prayer to God to always fill the lives of these special children with love and joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The society as a whole should make every effort to fill-up the special children's lives.

      Delete
  9. Wow Kalpana you always brings us such posts close to society issues. I loved this one too...I hope we can have an equal society someday for all.

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richa, we can hope for an equal society and at the same time contribute little from each of us by dispelling myths and creating awareness about differently-abled people.

      Delete

please show some love......