Monday 22 July 2013

NATURE




I pulled the stole closer to my body to wrap it around my 

hunched shoulders, the fabric refused to co-operate and 

stretches no further, and am left with no other option but to 

blow air into my cupped palms. But the result is only a mild 

upward rising chain of smoke as if I am puffing a ciggi. The 

cool air even in the month of May caresses my cheeks and 

pampers me. Back in Mumbai the artificial cooling system 

overworks around the clock to keep me cool. This was a 

welcome break. In my school days,  Mehta Sir, my geography 

sir had taught us that the green hills  were the lungs of  Planet 

Earth. Indeed they are. I could fill my lungs with fresh 

unpolluted air and feel it percolate down my system 

rejuvenating my worn-out tired body. As I strolled lazily

 along the bends , the high green canopy shielded me 

from the stingy pale sun rays that were vying for attention 

in the otherwise cloudy atmosphere. The melody of the

rustling and swaying  leaves interacting with its neighbours 

gave me company. The wild flowers perched on 

the high hills, blooming in different hues and shapes were a 

visual treat to my eyes and the breeze wafted the scent of 

the flora , invading my nostrils, detoxified my mind, body 

and spirit. The leisurely walk had lubricated every joint in 

my body . I turned around  to return to the guest-house 

when hubby returned from his training programme. He 

asked me if I had been to the spa down the hill. I raised my 

eyebrows. He winked and complimented me on the glow on 

my cheeks.

I nodded. He said that it must have cost me a fortune. I

smiled and said that I had left my purse  safe in the guest-

house. The good things in life are not expensive. Thank you 

Nature. 

FOR : ULTIMATE BLOG CHALLENGE DAY 22

22 comments:

  1. A walk in the hills can do wonders. It is so refreshing and rejuvenating! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A walk in the hills is close to Nature and hence refreshing. Thank you Shilpa.

      Delete
    2. A walk in the hills is close to Nature and hence refreshing. Thank you Shilpa.

      Delete
    3. A walk in the hills is close to Nature and hence refreshing. Thank you Shilpa.

      Delete
  2. Truly, a walk in the hills is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. True.. Good things in life are free... but the trouble is that they are not sold in any store...Only the ones who know where to get them can get them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good things in life can never be bought over the counter but we have to take pains to reach them. Thanks Shiva for reading my post.

      Delete
  4. hmmmmmm..that feeels soooooo sooooo good. I miss my old trekking days now.. Thanks Kalpana..
    U have a way of communicating with nature and let her take care of you.. That is special, you know :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the other way round , dear Me. Nature communicates with me as I stay in the midst of the greenery.

      Delete
  5. This post makes me miss home :(

    Anyway, I loved the way that you have described your feelings in this post. Great one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rainbow Hues for noticing the small details.

      Delete
  6. You almost sent me there Kalpana :)

    Thanks to your lovely words!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A walk with Nature really rejuvenates a person .

      Delete
  7. Nothing works magic like a "walk the talk" with nature, you feel so close to yourself, you can actually hear your own thoughts :) The me-time adds a spa-like glow to your face as you rightly pointed out Kalpana:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nature-given glow beats spa ones any day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Shail. So in a spa they try to create the ambience that is close to Nature. But there is nothing like bring outdoors.

      Delete
    2. You are right Shail. So in a spa they try to create the ambience that is close to Nature. But there is nothing like bring outdoors.

      Delete
  9. yep.. agree with you completely!!
    A Walk in the hills amidst nature's true glory is the best and very peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I simply love those rejuvenating walks. They restore the soul!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Liked your last line.. best things are not expensive... it's so true :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It will take the world a long long time that the way we have been reacting perhaps these things will be very expensive for us. A walk through the woods is something we all cherish... at least I do a lot!

    Richa

    ReplyDelete

please show some love......