Thursday 25 July 2013

STARS







The glittering solitaires
strewn across the dark blanket
A poet's longing and desires
to pluck, lay into the straw basket.














An astronomer's delight
wakes up all night.
A lover's paradise
Sleep sacrifice.

A sailor's guide
an ally by his side.
When the sun peep
Thou go to sleep

A bride in finery
adornments in all silvery
Thou deck up at night
all day hide in veil,nowhere in sight.



A lighthouse up there.
Thou go to sleep
into the sky deep.

FOR : POETS UNITED
FOR : ULTIMATE BLOG CHALLENGE DAY 27





14 comments:

  1. "The glittering solitaires
    strewn across the dark blanket"

    That's one picture perfect scene!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Me for reading. Indeed the stars are solitaires strewn randomly in the dark blanket of the sky and its a feast for our eyes.

      Delete
  2. Stars lighting the dark sky and a few guiding us........

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The glittering solitaires
    strewn across the dark blanket"
    Lovely words!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt As if I was sleeping in the sky, snuggly in the "Glittering Solitaires that wove dreams as I slept..U paint a beautiful picture with your words Kalpana :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This actually reminded me of a night I spent with my lover under the stars...magical night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely!!

    I look up at the night sky and wonder and you have worded my wonder perfectly! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank for your appreciation, Pixie. I loved it.

      Delete
  7. very visual!! could imagine as i read along...beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you describe the stars. A very vivid picture painted in my mind. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely tribute to the stars that cover us all day and night...

    Richa

    ReplyDelete

please show some love......