Thursday 25 July 2013

FALLING DOWN








I fell down and was hurt. The impact of the fall made me numb. I looked around to find people around me laughing and  making fun of me. My face felt warm with the sudden gush of blood. My body was bruised. The wounds caused by the fall were not so painful as compared to the hurt and callous attitude of the by-standers.The scars on my body would heal but the scars inflicted on my psyche would take long to heal.

I got up,  dusted my clothes ,'straightened my hair and rolled up my sleeves. I stared hard at the by-standers  and putting my best foot forward, confidently asked whether anyone had not stumbled or fallen on the road of life. They looked at each other nervously and started to disperse. Among the thinning crowd came a maiden  with a twinkle in her eyes and said that she had fallen down many times. Fallen to rise up and
again to fall down. Every fall  is a lesson to keep on trying, harder and harder without committing the same set of mistakes but to be vigilant of every pothole or deathtrap.The fear of  falling flat on the ground  is not akin to defeat but defeat lies in not gathering oneself or the refusal to march forward. It is human to stumble . But it is super-human to get up and try again. The wounds on the body may be gone but the impact of the fall will leave a deep imprint on the mind. This imprint on the mind will act as a reminder of the futile attempts  which in turn will be an impetus to defeat the demon of fear and inch towards the goal.

I extended my hand to the 'fair' maiden. She smiled and extended hers. Together we marched hand-in-hand , ahead. Lady luck had indeed smiled upon me. The dark clouds of uncertainty faded to replace it with sunshine. 





                                        



FOR : ULTIMATE BLOGGING CHALLENGE DAY 25

11 comments:

  1. Hey Kalpana, it was a nice read. I know it hurts more when people just laugh even if they would have gone through the same phase.

    But as you said what matters is how you rise after the fall. Keep going :) Visiting from the UBC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ignoring the people's laughs , one has to get up and move ahead. Thanks Sweety.

      Delete
  2. I have had a similar experience when I fell down on the road, face down. But gladly, there were a few strangers who came to my help...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wise words...True...defeat is when you refuse to get up! Nice post Kalpana:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some get disheartened and do not amke an attempt to get-up. thus they get defeated. Thannks Tarang.

      Delete
    2. Some get disheartened and do not amke an attempt to get-up. thus they get defeated. Thannks Tarang.

      Delete
  4. when you fall down and gather yourself back and start walking that just means you are a go-getter and nothing really stops you.... and for all that who laugh, go ahead have your chuckle...I don't care is my answer :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What when others are scared for you.. Even when you dont mind the risk of failing, being parents and concerned that they are, they dont let the kids fall.. Sometimes amongst the care and concern one forgets that that's how they have become who they are, so why does their love blind them, to let their kids learn.. Not a rant Kalpana..I love Parents for the immense love they have..but isnt this important.. I dont regret a single failure of my life..that's what made me who I am. Yes, some of it has broken me..but not afraid to take risks..How much do you trust your child to get up on his own and not pave his way, so that he wouldnt hurt himself, temme?

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Supposing you have tried and failed again and again. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down." that's a quote I had read sometime back, but kind of sums it all, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never gets old does it. The age old mantra od rising after each fall. Always the one thing we need to practice and preach like you have done :)

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More than preaching we should put it into practise.and lend a helping hand to those who fall.

      Delete

please show some love......