Wednesday 17 July 2013

THE SERIAL KILLER.

.
This is in continuation of the story VARSHA'S 'MOMENT OF HAPPINESS'




This must be the serial-killer, thought I. The years of my dealing with criminals and crime made me trust my gut instincts, making quick split-second decisions and never regretting them.

Seeing and touching my own warm blood flowing into rivulets into my thick mane was nerve-wrecking. . A sharp axe lay nearby. 
I gathered myself to be on my feet. The blood-shot eyes of the serial killer were staring at me. He fell on me suddenly without a warning. I held him in an embrace to prevent him from falling on the floor and  my fingers felt warm and sticky. The serial killer had a knife pierced in his back. My gaze moved up from the bleeding wound to  my maid , Shantabai ,  who was standing behind him with blood on her clothes.

He was losing blood and consciousness too. I had to act fast.
I asked Shantabai to collect the keys of my Police Jeep from the table. Surprisingly she was quick. I lifted his body, put it into the jeep, called the Head Quarters and started towards the City Hospital. I had failed to notice that Shantabai too had joined. She was crying and shivering. I assured her that she had not done any wrong by piercing the knife into the serial-killer and that the cut was not deep enough to kill him. I owed my life to her.If it hadn't been for her, I would have been the next victim.

Shantabai was weeping and calling out 'Shamu ,Shamu'. I was stunned. I asked if she knew him. The serial-killer was her husband.

FOR : WRITE TRIBE


FOR :  ULTIMATE BLOG CHALLENGE DAY 18


23 comments:

  1. Brilliant and unexpected twist to the tale Kalpana:) You really have a way with words!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a twist in the tale. I was about to think Shantabai rocks but now I'm sad for her. Her own husband is the killer :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes feel sad for Shantabai. But what she has done needs to be appreciated for it is not easy to punished her own wronged husband.

      Delete
  3. unexpected twist! Nice tale!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah..that wouldve been so conflictingly tough for her. But she did the right thing.. That was so well plotted Kalpana!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Me. yes ,Shantabai did the right thing by exposing her killer hubby.

      Delete
  5. That was quite a suspense. Loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a zing you added to the story :) :) ...loved it.. nice imagination at work :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My! What a twist!! Enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, such an chilling twist at the end!! WOW what guts to sink a knife in your own husband to save another. This completely blew my mind. Brilliant writing! Well done~!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The maid is bold and has nerves of steel to protect her righteous employer but she is human too and starts sobbing.Thanks Kathy for reading, commenting and appreciating

      Delete
  9. wow!! Now, that's a fab end to a fab story!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. chilling climax.... takes a lot of guts to do that !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. indeed Shantabai is a gutsy woman. Thanks for reading, the little princess.

      Delete
  11. Fantastic, Kalpana! You've set the bar really high for the rest of us! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Corinne, I am honoured. I felt the continuation of Varsha's story would be very difficult and decided not to give a try. But now am happy.

      Delete
  12. I am going to come back to it again once I read the stories in the prompt :( yes I have not read them going to take out time to read soon. Whatever you have written I found it perfect to read in one go but I still want to read varsha's story and come back here to probably assess again :)

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richa , For the convenience of the readers, I have shared Varsha's link at the beginning of my story .

      Delete

please show some love......