Sunday 6 October 2013

Every once in a while

100 Words on Saturday – 6

prompt,provided by Richa Singh of The Philosopher’s Stone, is :

Every once in a while






Every once in a while, look up and glance in the mirror, the fine lines

around your eyes, the grey streaks in your crowning glory. Your lips

have forgotten to smile and the hollow cheeks are testimony to your

irregular eating times.


Alone as you toil, I can feel the tension and the struggle to keep the home

fires burning. When I grow up you, I will take the baton from you. You put up

your tired legs and sip coffee with  a book.

But Ma, please spare some time for me, I need your warm comforting hugs

and smiles.

FOR : WRITE TRIBE 100 WORDS


FOR : ULTIMATE BLOG CHALLENGE DAY 12

18 comments:

  1. Lovely. By the way Kalpana I find you too are on Blogspot. Its not long since I've been on blogspot. But since mine is linked to Google + some people are finding it difficult to leave a comment. Could you suggest a way out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geeta , I did not have any problem commenting on yr post.

      Delete
  2. touching few lines.. awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was awesome. Every once in a while we do need to take time out for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Congrats on this getting the distinction of blogadda WOW post

      Delete
  5. The child needs the parent... :) Lovely take.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely :) Yes, we all need Ma....how sweet, isn't it, that Ma is the first word which comes to our mind when we are emotional ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely penned... it's so easy to take one's parents for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A heart warming write Kalpana :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A nice tribute to all the mothers out there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You make me miss my mom,
    Growing up it was my sister who took care of me but as the years go by, me and my mom rely more on each other

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful tribute from mother to daughter. There is so much love, passion and compassion hidden in this post:)
    Cheerz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful tribute from mother to daughter. There is so much love, passion and compassion hidden in this post:)
    Cheerz

    ReplyDelete
  13. A nice heart warming post, something we all daughters relate to!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful post Kalpana..very thoughtful

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a sweet way of creating love and support in the relationship. Imagine how many ways this prompt could be used...

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sigh!! This is so heartwarming!! :)
    beautifully penned Kalpana

    ReplyDelete

please show some love......