Sunday 12 January 2014

love

WOW – Love Sho(r)ts!

“Where there is love there is life.” – Mahatma Gandhi.

                                                 image



This time we’re aiming at making it more creative! Your post must contain the word Love and you have just 5 sentences to complete your story.



The sand storm just had settled , making beautiful , mesmerising geometric patterns on the stark barren land as far as the human eye could reach when I saw her walking hurriedly towards me, her bright garments and the mirror work on them glistening in the Sun , arresting my vision and the liquidity of my thoughts.

As she stood close , I noticed her clear , sharp and beautiful  facial features , a lean and  tanned body structure , with heavy silver adornments so typical of this region that  the archaeologist in me  dated them to a century and half ago and much to my surprise she turned her back towards me , exposing her bare back , she complained to me that the raw bruises hurt her as the King's men lashed her with whips  and forbade her  to cross the threshold of this village.

I helped her get into my jeep , the closeness intoxicating me while she encircled her arms around me and cried that the King's men following our jeep  astride on camel back , were lashing her with whips while I drove fast and left her safely into the next village . 

Looking back at me with a satisfied smile filled with gratitude , she hurried ahead and her silhouette merged with the brown grains of sands making her invisible while I found myself clutching a coin , a coin that belonged to the era of Raja Gaj.

Folklore said that Raja Gaj was besotted with the beautiful courtesan but this nubile girl was in love with a court musician , who was killed by the King's men and the courtesan barred from fleeing to the next village , the domain of a rival  King.


This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.

List of WOW badges here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

please show some love......