Sunday 12 January 2014

call of duty.

WOW – LOVE SHO(R)TS!

“Where there is love there is life.” – Mahatma Gandhi.


This time we’re aiming at making it more creative! Your post must contain the word Love and you have just 5 sentences to complete your story.


                                      image


As I sip hot  and nutritious soup for supper , I hear the penetrating shout ,"all is weelll" , by the watchman of my housing society, guarding , while I am snug and secure in my home.

When I sip tea and  await for my accompaniment  , the newspaper , to read about the poor and homeless sleeping on the pavements,  I smile at the newspaper vendor for kick-starting my day.

The maid arrives early in the chilly mornings to clean and scrub my house while I take a luxurious hot water bath.

As I lay my tired bones on the soft mattress and wrapped in the warm cocoon of the heavy blankets , my mind raced thousands of miles away at the thought of our soldiers guarding the porous borders in sub-zero temperatures. Is it love for the country or just the call of duty that makes the brave warriors toil and shiver in the foggy winters to keep others warm , comfortable and secure?


This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.

list of WOW badges here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please show some love......