Friday 16 May 2014

password

This time Team Blogadda had got the readers  thinking & smiling .

The post has to revolve around everything that came to the mind when one had to create your first ever password!



What is a password?

According to Wikipedia : A password is a word or string of characters used for user authentication to prove identity or access approval to gain access to a resource (example: an access code is a type of password), which should be kept secret from those not allowed access.

Opening an email account to keep in touch with my friends was exciting akin to scaling Mount Everest. Then came the compulsion of giving it a password to secure it.
It was a surreal experience.



From a treasure trove of 26 alphabets and numbers ranging from 1 to 9 , I had the pleasure and liberty of using them in any combination and permutations that I deemed fit to recall it at the click of a button in my brain. I rubbed my hands in glee anticipating an easy climb. But as I chose some common words , my hubby politely reminded that common words are best avoided due to their simplicity and the fear of being hacked.

I nervously bit my blunt nails and the names of all gods and goddesses in the Hindu pantheon flashed in front of my dilated pupils. I uttered , 'Om Gam Ganpapataya Namaha' and  I rotated the globe in my mind to plot the names of the remote cities of the world in the geographical map of my mind. But I could not pin down down to a single place. The oceans , seas ,lakes and all water bodies  were dived into.

The names of all the avian species and four legged live creatures watched on National Geographic too came crawling on my screen. Eekks . I decided against using one of them. 

How would I finish naming my password and further go to start correspondence?
                            The childhood game came to my aid.

                              

..................and lo I  chose a few pearls to string them to form an appropriate key to access/open my account. Using the first 8 alphabets, eenymeen , the dilemma was overcome. This was easy to recollect and uncommon too and I smiled in satisfaction.


                                                 


The unusual password was a secret that I shared only with ME.

Over the years the password has undergone  many transformations and my teen , my Man Friday , as I refer to has the key to my password. 
Readers , do you share your password with anyone? Or do you jot in down in your diary afraid of forgetting it? Do share your experiences with me.

This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please show some love......