Wednesday 20 September 2017

Walk







                           Thank you Sarah Potter for the wonderful picture prompt.



“You need not have remained single to bring me up. I could have managed by myself”.

The old man’s proclivity for silence irks James.

“Dad, are you listening?”

The senior citizen draws an old battered suitcase and beckons his son to open it.

A pair of old shoes lay reposed wrapped in faded newspaper sheets.

He surveys the white canvas soles with a farrago of sadness and fondness and 

communicates with his eyes.

“These are old worn-out shoes and not my size. I cannot walk in your shoes”, blurts out 

the young son without realising the wisdom of the words. 


                  Written for :  Friday Fictioneers. Thank you Rochelle Wisoff-Fields.

                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment

please show some love......