Tuesday 4 September 2018

Bare


       Sunday Photo Fiction



                      SPF 09-02-18 Joy Pixley 1

                                              Thanks Joy Pixley for the photo prompt


“Isn’t this landscape so mesmerizing?” sounded more of a statement than a question.

I was jolted out of my trance as my head involuntary turned in the direction of the voice.

A twenty something had donned a faded tee teamed with tattered denim emphasizing the adherence to fashion fad.The bareness of the canvas failed to see any beauty but it aptly reflected the state of my mind.

The clairvoyant young mind pronounced, “Can spring be far behind? The cycle of life has to continue”. The words of wisdom sprouted hope in my infertile heart. My legs carried me to the next frame. A verdant landscape seemed to beckon me to shed my self-piety like autumn leaves.

My facial contours softened, my drooped shoulders straightened and my lips spread a smile.My eyes searched for the tree of enlightenment.


The tattered denim was out of sight.

                                                             Sunday Photo Fiction


                                                                

 Word count : 146

No comments:

Post a Comment

please show some love......