Tuesday 1 October 2013

Friends





Today is my Viju's birthday. Who is Viju , you may ask? She is my friend who studied with me from K.G and till date are in touch with each other. Facebook is a convenient platform to wish each other.I wished her on the social networking site and I was the first one to do so. But this is not enough I felt . I picked up the cell-phone to connect to her and the moment I heard her familiar voice , my day was made. We spoke for sometime and went down memory lane with each other. Speaking to childhood pals can bring out the child in us and the carefree days forgetting of the grey in one's hair. The curve on my face refused to straighten and I am sure that  it must be the same at the other end too.

It is said that if a friendship survives for seven continuous years , it will survive for life and we have been close and our friendship bond is in multiples of seven and am confident it will continue for ever. Friendship is a treasure not be measured in terms of years but to savoured and cherished in spite of geographical distances.

"Don't walk behind me , I may not lead. 
Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Albert Camus.




Readers, are you as lucky as me? Share your friendship bonds with me.



For : Indiblogeshwaris




P.S. : - Viju read my post and she  commented

Kalpu it was do touching that u made my birthday memorable. U were always great with words but this was too good. Wish we became small again .thanks again.





DAY 1 UBC CHALLENGE.
for : ultimate blog challenge


11 comments:

  1. Oh, this post was destined to be written. Happy birthday to your bestie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This post is written from the pen of my heart and with the ink of my emotions. Thanks for reading Blogwati Gee.

      Delete
  2. Awwww!! :)
    Such a cute and warm post!! Happy birthday to your darling friend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe! It is great to have friends like this. :-)

    Kathy

    kathyhadleylifecoach.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your friend....it is a really sweet and straight from heart post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet thing to do. Best wishes to your friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Friends like Viju, make our life a beautiful journey! Happy birthday to your friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Friendships that last from KG always seem to be miracles today :) Much love to you people :)

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the quote you shared! Happy birthday to your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You surely mad her day, Kalpana! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is nice to know that you have a friend from your KG days.. I cannot recall anyone from that past other than my related cousins. Keep the bond strong

    ReplyDelete

please show some love......