Sunday 13 October 2013

Letter to spouse.

 the prompt for this fortnight is to write a letter to :
 Your current love/ spouse/ crush or Your ex-love/ spouse / crush

                                Write Tribe - Letters Unsent

Dear Hubby,

Penning this letter to you gives me an uneasy feeling. Uneasy because never did I write to you other than writing a line or two on your birthday card. I never had an opportunity to put my feelings in black and white as we were never separated by the geographical barrier. Your work took you away from home only for a few days and by the time I missed you you were back. In your absence I cooked dishes which I relished and you did not miss them. The time at my disposal was used in cleaning the house of the cobwebs on the walls and clearing the cobwebs from my mind. Introspecting about the wrong turns I took and trying to understand the reason for your wrong turns. I try to find a middle path for navigating to the smooth road of life.

I re-live the happy moments spent in each other's company , of laughter shared and jokes cracked. I look at our frozen moments and the frames comes out live in my mind.
As I de-clutter the wardrobe , the kurta that you so lovingly chose for me is still close to my heart but is showing the signs of well-lived , I clutch it and keep it back safely in its fold.

Time flies off before one even notices it .So dear, pause and take a breath. Unburden your worries and tensions before entering the threshold. It is easier said than done but do give it a try .

Your loving wife.
Kalpana.


For : Write tribe.

17 comments:

  1. This was such a nice, heartfelt, cute letter to your husband, reminding him to pause and take a deep breath and enjoy life just that little more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jairam , most of the times he is stressed out and I cannot do anything but pray for his planetary configurations to clear.Might sound a bit odd and orthodox .

      Delete
  2. i think you might as well send this letter...might do u both a lot of good...heartfelt and beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes , I should post this letter to his office.

      Delete
  3. Aww! So sweet!! Agree with Little Princess, you must share this letter with your husband :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did he read this? He must...we surely wont mind for you unable to read our posts if he decides to take you out after reading this...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. He doesn't read the post written by me.But I give him subtle hints.

      Delete
  5. Did you show this letter to him Kalpana? He should see the concern you feel :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunita , as its said Men are from Mars and women from Venus. There lies a vast gap of understanding and not-understanding.

      Delete
  6. Such a sweet letter filled with love. You should share this with your husband. It will warm his heart! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. First things first send him the letter. And only then can the true impact of your writings be seen :) And trust me it will make him very happy :)

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww!! So much love!
    Touchwood!
    Did he read this letter?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kalpana ma'am, this letter I believe is one most of the couples would want to send to their respective spouses. It is true that for most couples that either both or one of them is do much engrossed in the race for survival that the other one finds themselves standing way too far with stretched arms, unable go reach the other partner. It indeed is necessary to pause and take a breath and take your partner along.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is a refreshing and sweet letter to the husband, Kalpana and love the glimpse you provided in your lives. Life is, indeed, hectic and we gotta hit the pause button from time-to-time:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet and loving letter. I hope you did show it to him and I hope his stress levels do come down.

    dropping by from the letter prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Same story, everywhere Kalpana ji...... All men seem to be alike...something or the other is always bothering them.... Nice letter....Shows your concern very well...

    ReplyDelete

please show some love......