Friday 23 August 2013

unsent letter




image





Google Image.
                                         

This is an unsent joint letter addressed to some strangers or rather a bunch of strangers who have left an indelible mark on me. I call them 'strangers' as  I try to strike a familiar chord with the tribe but am caught on the wrong foot. They manage to surprise , outwit and instill an awe in me.
Here are some of the choicest of them : 

To ,
Dear strangers.

              The auto/rikshaw drivers of Mumbai

The less said the better about them. The moment I see an empty three-wheeler, my heart misses a beat as any hunter armed with a gun/rifle would spot a prey in the jungle. With the wave of my hand, the mean machine comes to a screeching halt and upon being told of my destination , the driver turns his head in another direction and speeds off. Or the driver would prefer going in the opposite direction of my destination. And I will be left marooned and left with no other option , but to scout for its other brethren or use the services of public transport. Now my friends will know the reason of my being a Late-Latif.

                  The cashier of the grocery store :

All the cashiers behind the machine at the stores seem to have an intangible bond of enmity with me. When its my turn at the cash counter , I dump my heavy basket full of groceries on the table than the machine develops a technical snag or the paper roll plays a wicked prank and gets exhausted and I am made to wait for extra minutes stretching into eternity , while the other adjoining queues move with a hitch. Why me??? And I am left tearing my hair with desperation.

       The waiters at the restaurants and Udipi hotels. 

This breed refuses to take notice me as if I am an invisible person of H.G.Wells book. Or I do I have to swathe myself in bandages to be seen or heard for attention? The patrons on the neighbouring tables, who have arrived after me are well attended by smiling waiters while I am sipping water with hunger pangs threatening to be heard. I start coughing incessantly to vie for attention of the waiters but they are deaf to my outbursts while the neighbouring table patron stared wildly at me as if asking me to gulp down cough-syrup instead of Adam's ale.

                      The telephone network.

I curse my luck when I see people happily talking away on their hands-free ear-phones while my network refuses to connect . I will sue the  mobile Company whose tag-line screams "Wherever you go, our network follows'.

                        The internet service provider.

My service provider is very prompt when it comes to bill collection date on the 10th of every month whether the service is provided or not.

I ardently wish that these strangers get a bitter dose of their own medicine. 

Yours (ughh)faithfully
A harassed customer.
kalpana.

P.S. :This is a work of fiction and does not intend to hurt anybody's feelings.

Use these three words 'earphones, cough syrup and prank' very creatively in your post this weekend. Be a part of #WOW http://adda.at/WoW-37


This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda

12 comments:

  1. hahahahahaha...indeed amazing writeup Kalpana...loved it absolutely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahahahaha! You rock missy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha.. superb writeup. well, am glad that am not alone in this league.. and i must say i absolutely loved your letter.. cheerz. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's some. For sure, the autorickshaw wallas annoy me the most. They only express with their eyes or a nod of their head and sometimes look at you as if you've asked them to drop them off to the moon. Morons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The auto wallahs are the notorious lot! They specialize in not going where we want to go and not going by the meter!! It is true for me too, the other queues always move faster than the one I am in!! *SIGH*

    ReplyDelete
  6. So hilarious, Kalpana. I think this is the plight of most of us with these "providers" :D Nice use of the words for the WOW prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So hilarious, Kalpana. I think this is the plight of most of us with these "providers" :D Nice use of the words for the WOW prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed your post. Yes I've had a few auto drivers drive off with a shake of their heads.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ha ha..... totally with you on all counts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL I enjoyed this post so much. Every single one of these "Types" have driven me right up the wall!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey Kalpana, this is an amazing letter written to those guys. How I wish they were reading it to know how they make us frustrated. I go crazy with those types.
    Cheerz
    Vishal

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very creative, Kalpana! I'm not surprised you got the WOW award!

    ReplyDelete

please show some love......