Friday 13 December 2013

caught

                                                            image


Write Over the Weekend theme for this week

This time your entry must contain, ‘I caught him/her looking at me.’



My son has stepped into his teens. The adolescent phase brings about physical and mental changes. The mental metamorphosis is marred by the changes in moods, irritability , asserting himself which may have gone unnoticed by the outside world.

The physical changes are distinct and marked by hoarse voice, rapid rise in height and sprouting of a faint hairline curve above the lips and sprouting of fine facial hair giving many a 'hair-raising ' experience. His class-mates being some months older to him have already advanced to full blown facial hair giving an unkempt and shabby façade.
Seeing his class-mates resemble a grizzly bear, he has vowed to go for a clean shaven neat look at an appropriate time. I smile at his wise decision.

Before stepping out of the threshold , he glances at the mirror  and asks for my opinion. Off-late he is taken to spraying perfume on his clothes. The fragrance spreading in the house is making me sniff after his generous overdose. I ignored him. From the periphery  of the eye , I caught him looking at me for approval. I smiled . He took the hint and started to pack his satchel to attend tuition classes. I know soon I will have to make space for an after-shave lotion and a shaving kit.

My eyes are moist. It was only yesterday that I brought him wrapped in soft , warm, cotton clothes from the hospital . Today he stands tall and  proud at 176 cms. And I am a proud mother. How time flies........................

Blogger Anmol Rawat  tagged me to participate in Protest Against Smelly Stubble (P.A.S.S.)
 
This post is a part of the Protest Against Smelly Stubble Activity in association with BlogAdda.

I am tagging Anita , Anmol Rawat ,  knitha urs , numerounity , Heena.

This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.


List of WOW badges here.

5 comments:

  1. Nice post. and clever attempt.

    Thanks for tagging. I will let you know when I accept your tag :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have accepted your tage here :)
      http://anmolrawat.blogspot.in/2013/12/pass-post-7.html

      Delete
  2. Thanks for tagging me; however my tag-response-limit is exhausted (max allowed is 10!)
    I have already accepted your 1st tag in my 2nd Entry for PASS.
    Hope you have registered the same on the website.

    I have tagged you for the 1st time in my Post here- http://anitaexplorer.blogspot.in/2013/12/pass-attention.html
    Please do accept & respond soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. you can only accept one tag at one time. So you will have to remove me or Knitha from this one :D

    ReplyDelete

please show some love......